Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Story - The Lady and the Dragon

I didn't have time to put together the post I was  intending to publish this week, so instead I thought I'd include another quick 'Sunday Story'.  This is an other personal favourite of mine.  I often mix up the work of Nadir Quinto and Jose Ortiz but I think these illustrations are the work of Nadir Quinto (please correct me if I'm wrong about this!)

This illustration was originally included in a post called Delightful Dragons (bizarrely enough I've just noticed I published it exactly a year ago today - 12 August 2011 - a pure coincidence!)

The title illustration appeared on the cover of the magazine, the story is inside.  I think it is quite clever having a picture like this that takes place some time after the events of the actual story






This story appeared in 'Once Upon a Time' children's magazine.
Issue #63 published 25th April 1970.



5 comments:

Three Hoodies Save the World said...

What beautiful artwork. I wish I could paint like that.

Joleene Naylor said...

loved this!

Barbara said...

So pretty! I love the friendly looking dragon.

Unknown said...

Oh, this is way too cute! Would that dragons would be so friendly. I loved the illustrations.

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful dragon illustrations.

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...